1st Line Service Desk Engineer
Location: 83 Clerkenwell Road, London, EC1R 5AR. Currently remote based due to Covid.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7am-4pm / 8am-5pm / 9am-6pm / 10am-7pm
Package: Salary dependant on experience. 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising by 1 day each year to max 25 days), private healthcare or gym membership, contributory pension scheme.
Netstar is a well-established managed service provider (MSP), providing outstanding service to a growing number of clients throughout Central London. Client retention is high and a significant percentage of new business comes from client referrals. Netstar leverages close partnerships with industry leaders including Microsoft and HP. The company has also invested heavily in specialised operational platforms for MSPs, including ConnectWise and LabTech.
As well as supporting our clients’ systems on a day-to-day basis, Netstar designs, delivers and maintains infrastructure projects including installation and upgrades of systems as well as managing complex office moves.
Our core purpose is : Helping people succeed through technology.
Whether this is clients, our colleagues or the broader community; we believe in what we do and are committed to total client satisfaction and professionalism. We also enjoy our work and socialising with each other is a key part of the Netstar family culture.
What you will do
- Be the first point of contact for clients with technical queries over the phone and ticketing system.
- Liaising with clients throughout the lifecycle of the service ticket, ensuring issues are closed off and communicated to clients.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues.
- Manage multiple tickets at any one time based on priority.
- Meet Netstar’s SLA’s including fast phone pickups, client priority tickets and billability.
- Attend client sites when needed to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Keep the Service Knowledge Management System(SKMS) up to date.
- Working out of hours on a rotational basis to support clients after business hours.
- Have the opportunity to work on projects.
Who you are
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm for technology and helping others.
- A high degree of integrity.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, keeping calm during busy periods.
- Receptive to feedback.
- Willing to roll sleeves up and take initiative.
- Actively develops knowledge and expertise, learning new tech and developing skills.
- Taking ownership of issues and working towards resolution.
- Be friendly and sociable.
What you need
- Proven experience within an IT support based role. MSP desirable but not essential.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills.
- Have strong troubleshooting techniques.
- High motivation and development skills.
- A good understanding of all Microsoft Windows platforms in particular 8/8.1/10.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites and Microsoft Office 365.
- Basic technical understanding of networks: WAN and LAN Connectivity, including routers, firewalls and security.
- Working knowledge of antivirus software and spam filtering systems.
How you will be measured
The success of the job holder will be assessed against the following:
- Client service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of client issues (time to resolution)
- Adhering to SLAs and phone pickups
- Continuous professional development: technical knowledge (certifications)
Every three months we will review to ensure optimal performance and enjoyment of the role.
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter outlining why you are a great fit for this role plus your salary expectations to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in Netstar.