Business Technology Advisor
Date: February 2021
Title: Business Technology Advisor
Location: Central London (remote during Covid)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm
Salary: £35k plus commission (OTE £45-50k)
Netstar is an award winning and leading technology service provider. We help and support businesses by consulting with them and providing solutions to help address their strategic goals.
We are now looking for an experienced and successful Business Technology Advisor who will ensure our clients are investing in the right technology to help benefit their business and are retained, whilst generating and retaining new clients for the Cyber Security arm of the business.
This is a new vacancy due to company growth and future expansion plans within the Cyber Security market. Working within a great team of five, your role will be a hybrid of nurturing and growing revenue streams within existing customers, while also generating and securing new Cyber Security services and projects with new clients. Once new clients are retained you will then identify further upsell opportunities and look to retain them as clients.
The ability to proactively identify, acquire, and grow new business is essential. You will have the full support of a strong marketing department to support inbound lead development, but you will be expected to develop an outbound sales activity strategy for lead development. Bringing in new clients for services and projects is key, alongside nurturing existing clients handed over and acquired by yourself.
You will have a team of colleagues to support you in terms of technical presales, but are expected to bring knowledge of cyber security requirements within businesses and experience selling these. You must be able to build rapport, continually grow relationships and be regarded as a trusted advisor and IT partner.
We truly believe that everything we sell and recommend to our clients has a positive impact within their business, and its your job to show them why!
Main duties and responsibilities
- Analyse customers current and future needs and suggest upgrades or identify additional services to meet their requirements.
- Identify and win new clients for our extensive range of products and services.
- Work to personal targets based on sales, client retention, and outbound activity.
- Maintain regular proactive contact with existing customers with a view to increasing business and maintaining relationships.
- Meet, engage and interact with decision makers at a senior level to enhance relationships and identify opportunity.
- Cross-selling and up-selling of our services across all clients
- Be an ambassador for the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is always provided to customers and colleagues.
- Add value to all customers by phone, email and face to face, with the aim to build positive relationships, and progressing issues and queries to a successful conclusion at the earliest time.
- Work as part of a team to achieve the team and departmental targets.
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge of the service offerings of the company, projects we can deliver, and systems used to manage these.
- Maintain and update records in our CRM and maintain forecast of all accounts.
- 3 + years Account Management experience selling IT and/or cyber Security services/projects in a B2B environment
- Excellent proven verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to build relationships, develop rapport quickly with anyone from Office Manager to CEO of a business
- Proven ability to identify and close new business independently.
- Experience of cross-selling and up selling and ability to spot and develop upon opportunities
- Consistently meet and exceed sales targets in a fast-paced environment
- Use of a CRM system, and sales processes, to manage the whole sales cycle
- Being able to display and apply knowledge of technologies including: Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Microsoft, Infrastructure Networks, and an awareness of additional software programmes and technologies will be highly sought after.
- ConnectWise experience
- Experience in the IT service and cyber security industry
- Experience focusing on the financial services industry.
Personal skills and qualities:
- Self-starter with a proactive personality, enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Motivated and driven to go and hunt new business
- The ability to adapt approach to customer requirements to build rapport and communicate benefits
- To enjoy working with customers, building relationships and able to identify their needs and challenges
- To be well-organised and thorough, even under pressure
- To enjoy working within a target-driven team environment
- Excellent listening skills, polite, confident and friendly manner
This is a great opportunity to be part of a very ambitious award winning and progressive Technology Service Provider who have ambitious growth plans, and a company that understands their employee’s development is key to their continued success.
Our company mission is to ‘Help people succeed through technology’ – this means both our clients and our employees.
We are passionate about our company values, so please have a read and see if you are too:
- Enjoy your work and help others
- See things through to completion
- Learn something new everyday
- Solve problems as a team
- Think like a customer
- Full time, central London based (remote during Covid)
- Salary £35k and attractive commission structure (OTE £45-50K)
- KPI driven Bonuses
- Personal development plan
- Full support and backing from the leadership team
- Gym or Private Health Care (both after 1 year)
- Free breakfast and fruit (when in office), company weekend away, and mainly the opportunity to be part of a positive, motivated and social company!
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter outlining your current salary level / salary expectations to recruitment[email protected].