On-Site & Project Engineer
Location: Central London – Farringdon office, with regular client visits in London area.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm
Package: Salary up to £28k. 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising by 1 day each year to max 25 days), private healthcare or gym membership, contributory pension scheme.
Netstar is a well-established managed service provider (MSP), providing outstanding service to a growing number of clients throughout Central London. Client retention is high and a significant percentage of new business comes from client referrals. Netstar leverages close partnerships with industry leaders including Microsoft and HP. The company has also invested heavily in specialised operational platforms for MSPs, including ConnectWise and LabTech.
As well as supporting our clients’ systems on a day-to-day basis, Netstar designs, delivers and maintains infrastructure projects including installation and upgrades of systems as well as managing complex office moves.
Our core purpose is : Helping people succeed through technology.
Whether this is clients, our colleagues or the broader community; we believe in what we do and are committed to total client satisfaction and professionalism. We also enjoy our work and socialising with each other is a key part of the Netstar family culture.
To perform the pivotal role of on-site & project engineer working in our Professional services team. The on-site / project engineer focuses on delivery of on-site service and support for our clients.
The engineer will be required to visit multiple sites throughout London on a regular basis and ensure all project & on-site requests are completed on-time, within the required timeframe with the greatest efficiency. They will also focus on machine builds for our clients.
The prime responsibilities of the client based Netstar Project / On-site Support Engineer is to:
- Handle Professional Services onsite & offsite work (new deployments and installations)
- Work closely with the project team to ensure procedures and SOW are clearly understood and executed in a timely manner
- Ensure clear communications with the client and internal teams with planned actions, progress and defined outages
- Complete workstation deployments to a defined configuration from inception to sign off
- Complete onsite deployments of pre-configured hardware such as firewalls, switches, servers
- Diagnose unplanned issues with project scopes and hardware/software issues while clearly communicating with the client and remote support teams to gain a plan of action to achieve a resolution.
- Provide support to the project team, pre-sales and account managers to assist in successful project delivery
- Follow Netstar standard operating procedures
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with all internal teams and Netstar clients at all times
- Participate in the delivery of projects reporting to the Netstar Projects Manager when required
- Accurately log all activities, contact and time spent using internal systems as close to the event as possible.
- Maintain a high level of systems and product knowledge and participate in all company training programmes
- Manage escalation of required issues to third parties or Netstar Management when appropriate
The job holder will require a working knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Windows Desktop platforms
- Microsoft Server 2008 / 2012, 2016,2019 Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013, Active Directory
- Microsoft Office 365 cloud services and business apps
- Mac OS X
- IT networking, switching and routing.
- Patching of structured cabling.
- Installation of routers, firewalls and switches
- The internals of a PC and the ability to identify and rectify a hardware faults.
The job holder must display the following:
- Ability to follow instructions clearly.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good Eye for detail.
- Ability to build rapport.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to think logically and troubleshoot.
- See issues and projects through to completion.
- Exude a friendly presence and helpful attitude.
- Have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Be enthusiastic and willing to work overtime when required.
- Have a full, clean driving license.
- Common installations of routers, firewalls, wireless access points, printers, workstations and common internal hardware.
The success of the job holder will be assessed against the following:
- CSAT Scores from customers.
- Billability of time.
- Actual vs budget
- Number of closed projects
- Continuous professional development in respect of technical knowledge as assessed through Partner certifications.
The job holder will be reviewed every 6 months in terms of their ability to establish and develop in this vital role.
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter outlining why you are a great fit for this role plus your salary expectations to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in Netstar.