On-Site Service Desk Engineer
Location: Central London – On-site
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm
Package: Salary up to £28k. 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising by 1 day each year to max 25 days), private healthcare or gym membership, contributory pension scheme.
Netstar is a well-established managed service provider (MSP), providing outstanding service to a growing number of clients throughout Central London. Client retention is high and a significant percentage of new business comes from client referrals. Netstar leverages close partnerships with industry leaders including Microsoft and HP. The company has also invested heavily in specialised operational platforms for MSPs, including ConnectWise and LabTech.
As well as supporting our clients’ systems on a day-to-day basis, Netstar designs, delivers and maintains infrastructure projects including installation and upgrades of systems as well as managing complex office moves.
Our core purpose is : Helping people succeed through technology.
Whether this is clients, our colleagues or the broader community; we believe in what we do and are committed to total client satisfaction and professionalism. We also enjoy our work and socialising with each other is a key part of the Netstar family culture.
What you will do
- Be the onsite engineer at one of our prestigious central London based clients
- Be the first point of contact for users with technical queries face to face, over the phone and through the ticketing system.
- Liaising with users throughout the lifecycle of the service ticket, ensuring issues are closed off and communicated to them.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues and escalate up to the Netstar service desk team as necessary.
- Manage multiple tickets at any one time based on priority.
- Meet Netstar’s SLA’s including fast phone pickups, priority tickets and billability.
- Keep the Service Knowledge Management System(SKMS) up to date.
Who you are
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm for technology and helping others.
- A high degree of integrity.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, keeping calm during busy periods.
- Receptive to feedback.
- Willing to roll sleeves up and take initiative.
- Actively develops knowledge and expertise, learning new tech and developing skills.
- Taking ownership of issues and working towards resolution.
- Be friendly and sociable.
What you need
- Proven experience within an IT support based role. MSP not essential.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills.
- Professional attitude and presentable
- Have strong troubleshooting techniques.
- High motivation and development skills.
- A good understanding of all Microsoft Windows platforms in particular 8/8.1/10.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites and Microsoft Office 365.
- Basic technical understanding of networks: WAN and LAN Connectivity, including routers, firewalls and security.
- Working knowledge of antivirus software and spam filtering systems.
How you will be measured
The success of the job holder will be assessed against the following:
- Client service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of client issues (time to resolution)
- Adhering to SLAs and phone pickups
- Continuous professional development: technical knowledge (certifications)
Every three months we will review to ensure optimal performance and enjoyment of the role.
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter outlining why you are a great fit for this role plus your salary expectations to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in Netstar.