Date: Feb 2021
Title: Technical Consultant
Location: Central London
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm
Salary: £36-40k dependant on experience
Netstar is a well-established, award winning, managed service provider (MSP), providing outstanding service to a growing number of clients throughout Central London. Client retention is high and a significant percentage of new business comes from client referrals. Netstar leverages close partnerships with industry leaders including Microsoft and HP. The company has also invested heavily in specialised operational platforms for MSPs, including ConnectWise, Autotask, ITGlue and Addigy.
As well as supporting our clients’ systems on a day-to-day basis, Netstar designs, delivers and maintains infrastructure projects including installation and upgrades of systems as well as managing complex office moves.
Our core purpose is : Helping people succeed through technology.
Whether this is clients, our colleagues or the broader community; we believe in what we do and are committed to total client satisfaction and professionalism. We also enjoy our work and socialising with each other is a key part of the Netstar team culture.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Project roll out and ticket management to defined SOW and Budgets
- Collaboration with Sales/Account managers and clients to convert client needs, pain or risk into a technical scope and budget
- Client Communications/meeting to determine requirements from sales scope to define time scales and technical SOW
- Complete documentation of solutions / project aligned to SOP to enable support or clients reporting
- Fault finding relating to technical solutions involving Microsoft’s & MAC core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Microsoft and VMware.
- Implementing, configuring, and supporting Microsoft related technologies: MS O365, Azure, Intune, MDM/DLP, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implementing, configuring, and supporting Cisco Switches, Meraki wireless, SonicWall firewalls and business routers including ISP Lines managed by Netstar (Leased Lines, FTTC, EFM, ADSL and Wireless)#
- PowerShell scripting and systems administration using automation
- Remote access solution implementation and support: SonicWall VPN, Cloud file solutions and Remote Desktop Services.
- Installation and support of backup solutions using Veeam and MS O365 technologies.
- Call Escalation and management to key partners (Microsoft, Veeam, VMware, Sonicwall, Cisco, AppRiver, Datto etc)
The successful candidate will have the following key qualities:
- Highly organised and able to plan effectively and see things through to completion.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- High level of competency and ability to diagnose technical issues.
- Ability to visualise a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly under pressure or during busy times with effective prioritisation.
- Provide outstanding technical leadership and take total ‘ownership’ of issues to completion.
- Good understanding and level of vendor products listed above (some certification would be an advantage)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Flexible with working hours where required to reduce impact to client operations.
- Team player
- Demonstrate the company values: thinking like the customer, solving problems as a team and seeing things through to completion
Key success metrics:
The success of the job holder will be assessed against the following:
- Client service, perception, and satisfaction
- Project and professional services efficiency to SOW and Budget
- Fast turnaround of client issues with effective prioritization
- R&D and SOP success to client needs or risk
- Continuous professional development aligned to technology stack (certifications)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market-leading, cutting edge company, with excellent career opportunities and opportunities to gain additional industry-standard IT based qualification.
- Full time, central London based (remote during Covid)
- Salary £36-40k depending on experience
- Personal development plan
- Full support and backing from the leadership team
- Gym or private health care (both after 1 year)
- Opportunity to be part of a positive, motivated and social company