London based investment boutique Argonaut Capital was founded in 2005 as a joint venture with Ignis Asset Management. In July 2012 Argonaut became operationally independent of Ignis and as a result appointed a new Chief Operating Officer to focus on the UK market. In addition to personnel adjustments, Argonaut were faced with the challenging task of separating their entire IT Infrastructure from Ignis.
What they wanted to achieve
As part of their operational independence Argonaut would need a robust IT function to support the business. By outsourcing they wished to ensure a seamless changeover with no disruption or downtime. Argonaut embarked on a rigorous evaluation process to identify possible IT support partners. Following a stringent assessment, Argonaut chose Netstar to be their support partner.
They wanted to achieve the following:
- Smooth and seamless transition from current setup to outsourced
- Secure networks with remote working capability
- New printer setup and devices
Netstar developed a robust plan to ensure a painless migration to a fully independent state-of-the-art IT infrastructure. The project included:
- Full provision and installation of virtualised Microsoft Hyper–V server environment including hardware, software and licensing.
- Setup of PCs on Argonaut’s new domain with Microsoft Office 2010.
- Installation of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
- Migration of email data to hosted Exchange server with increased mailbox storage and online archiving.
- Installation of antivirus, SonicWALL firewall and malware protection, patch management, anti-spyware and spam management.
Netstar secured a seamless transition for Argonaut, and over the last six years, has become a trusted IT Support Partner. Netstar enabled Argonaut to develop their own independent IT infrastructure and do so efficiently.
- Independent IT infrastructure with an effective strategy in place.
- Achieved business efficiency and cost-effective IT operations.
- Set-up of a managed print solution – enabling Argonaut to dramatically reduce their print-related costs and environmental impact.
Netstar are the right IT support partner to enable a smooth transition. They made the transition to an independent IT infrastructure a painless experience.
Matthew Bond, Chief Operations Officer at Argonaut
Download your FREE checklist for choosing an IT Support London partner
Ensure you’re asking the right questions to find the right IT partner for your business.
Not all IT support London companies are the same. If you want to find one that’s proactive and works to improve productivity in your business whilst reducing risk, you need to ask the right questions.
Download this checklist and ensure you partner with a company that will add value.