Chelverton Asset Management
May 23rd, 2019
In the quest to drive systems compliance and modernize its entire IT infrastructure, Chelverton Asset Management chose Netstar to manage a complex series of migrations.
Chelverton Asset Management is subject to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations. The FCA’s increasing emphasis on IT security, systems compliance and good governance led Chelverton Asset Management to seek out a new IT services and support partner – one that not only understood the business needs but could also support compliance.
What they wanted to achieve
FCA compliance was the key driver for the Chelverton Asset Management team’s revaluation of its IT services. The team knew a reappraisal and upgrade of IT security was vital.
Following a personal recommendation, Netstar made the shortlist of three.
Netstar impressed because of its:
- Knowledgeable, professional team with sector experience
- Complete end-to-end project management and proven quality of service delivery
- Comprehensive helpdesk coverage with extended hours and emergency cover
Netstar undertook a detailed audit across the company’s three sites in Edinburgh, Bath and London. It then recommended a comprehensive solution that would address the service quality issues and drive the necessary compliance and governance improvements.
The solution included:
- Migration to Microsoft Azure
- Secure file sharing and storage via Autotask Workplace
- Fully-managed migration to Office 365
- Upgraded to new, layered security approach
The result is a fast, robust system that has proven to be highly functional, fit for purpose and protected with good security.
- Complex migration fully managed with a seamless transition for users across all three sites
- Secure file sharing in the cloud is a gamechanger in terms of file security and day-to-day productivity
- Improved security assures FCA compliance
The scope of the migration caused a few sleepless nights for the Chelverton Asset Management team. However, the support and regular communication from Netstar helped to ease the transition.
Lisa Pavitt, Business Support Manager at Chelverton Asset Management, says: “It was a big change and we were all dreading it. I couldn’t believe we’d just log in and it would all be working. But it pretty much went completely to plan. We were all up and running really quickly.”
The new secure, cloud-based solutions went live in July 2018 and, since then, the team has not experienced any of the downtime or major issues with performance. As a result, the team has no hesitation in recommending Netstar.
Lisa continues, “What we’ve asked for is exactly what we’ve got and I don’t think that’s always the case when seeking out new 3rd party providers. The funny thing is, IT is now something we don’t think about. It just runs in the background and we can just get on with our jobs.”
“Netstar managed a very difficult migration very well and the continued level of service has continued with its helpdesk.”
– Lisa Pavitt, Business Support Manager at Chelverton Asset Management