Netstar enhance collaboration and connectivity for Roffeys Residential
Established in 1988, Roffeys Residential has grown over the past 25 years to a three-branch firm providing residential sales and lettings services throughout West Essex and East Hertfordshire. In order to support their flourishing business and to facilitate future growth, Roffeys took the decision in 2007 to outsource their IT support to Netstar.
Managing Director, Peter Roffey says: “We were fortunate enough to hear about Netstar’s excellent IT support services through recommendation. Before we partnered with Netstar we were managing our IT systems ourselves and had to deal with frequent downtime with system freezes. From day one, we have felt that our IT is in safe hands with Netstar. From major projects to day-to-day back-ups, Netstar can be relied on to provide excellent service.”
As well as providing proactive monitoring and rapid response IT support over the past 7 years, Netstar have implemented numerous IT enhancements which have resulted in significantly less downtime and enhanced operational efficiencies for Roffeys, including:
- To provide rapid connectivity, fast performance and minimize risk of server failure Netstar migrated from Roffeys legacy dial-up set up to a rapid and secure server infrastructure linked across multiple sites.
- To ensure data security and business continuity in the event of a disaster, Netstar implemented a comprehensive off-site Back up and Disaster Recovery solution.
- To secure and manage Roffeys network – Netstar installed a Sonic Wall firewall, antivirus, malware protection, patch management, anti-spyware and email spam management.
- Failover connections were implemented to maximise productivity
- VPN between branches was installed to facilitate collaboration·
- Staff were provided with flexible and secure remote working solutions to enable them to function effectively ‘on-the-go’ and across the multiple office locations.
Roffeys utilise the estate agency specific software applications, CFP and Jupix and, as part of the standard service, Netstar also support these solutions and liaise with the vendors if any issues arise.
Since engaging with Netstar we have received a first-class, personal service and we regard them as a trusted IT partner. Netstar truly add value by meeting with us regularly to strategically plan and review our IT strategy, meaning we are aware of future IT costs and never encounter any nasty surprises. Furthermore, we are extremely happy with the level of support and speed of service we receive from Netstar’s efficient helpdesk.
Peter Roffey, Managing Director at Roffeys Residential
Your checklist for choosing an IT Support partner
Ensure you’re asking the right questions to find the right IT partner for your business.
Not all IT support companies are the same. If you want to find one that’s proactive and works to improve productivity in your business whilst reducing risk, you need to ask the right questions.
Download this checklist and ensure you partner with a company that will add value.