Easy to Switch
New customers often worry that switching their IT Support Provider means they will have to deal with a period of downtime, disruption or various negative side effects while the new team “beds in”. With us, everything will continue to work while we make the switch. We make switching your IT Support Provider a swift and painless experience.
Read on to find out how we make switching to us a simple process – or watch the video below to see one of our onboarding engineers talk about the process and some of our clients’ first impressions.
Our dedicated onboarding team will manage all aspects of the process, including contacting and liaising with your old IT Support Provider, gathering all of the required technical information and migrating all of your systems over to us.
Seven Simple Steps of Transition
Managed fully by us, so you can continue doing what you do best with minimal disruption.
1. We will set up a call with you, where you will be introduced to your dedicated onboarding specialist who will be managing the process of switching your IT Support to us.
2. We’ll send you a technical information form to gather the minimum technical details we need to get the ball rolling. This can be completed by your old IT support company or your inhouse IT Manager. We can liaise with your old IT Support Company – so you don’t have to.
3. Your Netstar onboarding specialist will then carry out an IT audit visit at a time that is convenient for you. He will introduce himself and Netstar to all of your employees, then explain the various ways of notifying Netstar when you are having IT problems. Your IT infrastructure will be thoroughly inspected and our monitoring software will be installed so we can proactively maintain your systems. At this point you’ll receive a welcome pack with all the information you need, and some treats!
4. After the audit visit, our engineers come into the process to perform any required set-ups, migrations or changes. We will also gather any necessary information about other technology/communications companies you are using (e.g. broadband, line rental) and liaise with these companies if necessary. At this point we can begin supporting your infrastructure and providing helpdesk support to your users.
5. Our Network Operations Centre engineers will remotely use the monitoring software installed on your machines to find out more detailed information about your IT infrastructure.
6. Your onboarding specialist will use the information gathered by the Network Operations engineers, as well as the information gathered during the audit visit, to produce a technical summary. This shows a detailed overview of all of your technology, with our assessment of each item’s health and our recommendations.
7. Once all of the changes and migrations have taken place, we will meet up with you again to provide you with our recommendations for your IT infrastructure. We will also answer any questions you may have, set up your technology consulting and budget planning meetings, and introduce you to your new main point of contact at Netstar now that you have been onboarded.