In order to be able to find and restore previous versions of files or folders, you need to have the correct settings enabled in your system Control Panel. Please see our handy guide below for enabling Shadow Copy and restore points.
- Go to Start, then Control Panel
- Next select System from the left-hand side of the list
- When in the system area select System Protection from the list on the left under Remote Settings
4. Choose the hard drive where you want to enable shadow copies and click Configure
5. Select the option at the top to Restore System Settings and Previous Versions of Files and click OK
You will now be able to retrieve files and folders using Shadow Copy. To learn how to retrieve files once you have done this click here.
Please note this guide only applies to local PC, not server recovery. If this needs to be done on the server you should speak to your IT team or IT Support Provider.