Your Firewall May be Reaching its End of Life!
If you’re using a Sonicwall TZ210, you have around a year to upgrade it before it reaches the end of its official support period.
After the 1st of June 2015, Sonicwall TZ210’s will reach their end of life, and will no longer receive security or firmware updates. After this date, SonicWall will not provide technical support for troubleshooting issues.
Failure to upgrade could result in a severe security threat to your business, as after this date your firewall will not have the latest security fixes and updates. This means it will steadily become less and less effective at controlling and managing inbound traffic to your network.
It is imperative that you upgrade your Firewall before this date. If you do not, you will no longer have adequate protection for your network. Cyber criminals would be able to gain access to your business’ entire network by reverse engineering future SonicWall security updates to find flaws that won’t be fixed for the older models.
It is still possible to purchase 1 year renewals for your firewall license up until the 1st of June 2015, but you will be paying for a year of support even though your firewall will not be effective for the full year. Therefore, when your license expires it will be best to upgrade your firewall.
Many IT Support Providers, including Netstar, offer a managed firewall service. By moving to a managed service, you experience the following benefits:
- No upfront costs for equipment or installation.
- Pay a manageable monthly fee, with no annual security renewal cost.
- All management and configuration of hardware handled by Netstar.
- All security updates automatically installed via GMS platform.
- Upgrade to the latest models for no extra cost when upgrades are needed.
- Active monitoring of all incoming and outgoing connections, and immediate notifications of any issues.
- Replacement hardware in case of failure.
If you would like more information on your firewall options, please call us on 020 7101 0544 or contact your account manager.