How to Stop Managing and Start Leading
There’s a big difference between managers and leaders.
Managers organise and co-ordinate. Leaders inspire and motivate. They have managers beneath them to do the organising and co-ordinating.
If you’re a managing director, you should be leading, not managing. Leadership needs to come from the very top.
In order to be the leader, you need to start leading. Stop telling people what to do and when to do it, and give your employees responsibility.
Take a step back from the day to day running of the business, and let other people make decisions.
Don’t allow your employees to drag you back into tactics. Focus on strategy and encourage employees to problem solve on their own.
- Planning and strategising
- Working on the company core, long term plans, and vision
- Communicating long term vision, plans and goals
- Motivating teams, helping others
- Developing personnel
- Inspiring employees to realise their potential
- Encouraging leadership within the organisation
We’ve put together a free ebook on the topic of leadership – grab it here. This ebook covers:
- The Difference Between a Manager and a Leader
- What Leaders Don’t Do
- 7 Attributes of the Leader
- The Core of Your Business
- Getting Buy-in to Your Company Vision
- Motivating your team
- Encouraging your employees to lead.
Click on the image of the book below to download: