Technology fuels every aspect of the modern workplace, so you need to make sure that you’re using it to its fullest advantage. There are plenty of tools out there that will help you outshine and outperform your competition, giving you a competitive edge when it comes to customer experience, organisational processes and business growth. We’ve listed 5 top ways that technology can help you outshine your competitors in 2020.
Discover the power of:
- Cloud phone systems
- In-house cyber security certifications
- Employee feedback software
- IT security policies
- Effective reporting tools
Cloud phone systems
What is a cloud-based phone system?
A cloud phone system allows you to make calls over the internet, rather than using traditional telephone lines. As such, they’re accessible from anywhere at any time, provided employees have a suitable device and strong internet connection. This makes them a great option for businesses with employees working remotely.
How can cloud phone systems help me outshine the competition?
If you’re a business that relies on telephone communication with customers, cloud-based phone systems are essential to help you to beat the competition. Many people predict that working from anywhere will become commonplace and you should prepare for this by using a phone system that accommodates flexible working.
What are the benefits of cloud phone systems?
- Maintains credibility – cloud-based phone systems allow your employees to keep in contact with customers, clients or prospects using an office number, even if they’re not in the office. This helps your business to maintain credibility and professionalism when working remotely.
- Improves training strategies – calls can be recorded using cloud-based phone systems, as such call recordings can be used for internal training and development, helping you to improve the overall customer experience.
- Gives you access to more data – statistics software can be added on to cloud-based phone systems, giving you access to an abundance of call data which can be analysed and used to improve processes, KPIs and customer experience.
To find out more about cloud-based phone systems, click here.
In-house cyber security certifications
Businesses can validate the cyber security of their businesses through accreditation. For example, we provided expert support to help one of our clients, a CRM software provider, gain their own ISO 27001 certification. The ISO 27001 certification demonstrates that a business has robust systems and processes in place to control access to networks, systems, workstations, servers and data. Ultimately, proving their competency and knowledge in ensuring vigilant cyber security measures are in place. Read more about this case study, here.
How can in-house cyber security certifications help me outshine the competition?
Holding prestigious cyber security certifications in-house will undoubtedly distinguish you from your competitors. If you work in an industry where data protection is paramount, such as financial services, you need to consider gaining these qualifications in-house. Having in-house cyber security certifications will instil confidence in clients, prospects and customers about the security of their data, meaning they will be more likely to partner with you than your less qualified competitors.
What are the benefits of in-house cyber security certifications?
- Improves credibility – in-house cyber security certifications act as solid proof of the high-quality standards that your business adheres to when protecting data.
- Satisfies clients – your clients can be confident that their data is safe, meaning they’re likely to want to continue working with you long-term.
- Solidifies the standard of your cyber security – fundamentally, becoming certified in cyber security will help to improve and maintain the standard of cyber security in your business, keeping yours and your client’s data safe.
Employee feedback software
What is employee feedback software?
Employee feedback software provides a platform for you to easily engage with your team and gain unique, honest insights into staff satisfaction. Tools like TINYpulse allow you to communicate with employees through a Q&A format, forum style posts, and voting on topics with a one to ten rating system.
Technology such as this gives employees the opportunity to say how they really feel anonymously. Platforms are also incredibly user-friendly and quick, meaning valuable time isn’t taken away from employee’s days to answer questions or provide feedback.
How can employee feedback software help me outshine the competition?
Employee feedback platforms will give you the tools to build a thriving workforce, who genuinely enjoy coming to work. As such, you will be better placed to attract and retain talented staff, build a reputable company culture, and deliver impeccable customer service. This will allow you to outshine competitors who don’t have a platform to communicate with employees and aren’t as in touch with the needs and desires of their workforce.
What are the benefits of employee feedback software?
- Identifies issues within the company – the opportunity to give anonymous feedback means employees will be honest and you can identify organisational issues that you may not have otherwise known were there.
- Improves company culture – staff can make suggestions about anything; from what drinks they’d like stocked in the fridge to what devices would make their jobs easier.
- Reduces staff turnover – if you listen and action suggestions made by your staff, your team will feel appreciated and will be more likely to stay with you long-term.
- Helps to attract talent – potential employees can use websites like Glassdoor to compare companies based on employee reviews. Positive employee reviews will attract potential employees and ensure that you have the most talented workforce.
- Happy staff = happy customers – studies have proven that happier staff often deliver better customer service, helping to improve your overall customer experience.
IT security policies
What is an IT security policy?
An IT security policy documents all information related to the IT infrastructure of a business, including all software, hardware, devices, data, access control etc. The policy should be edited and updated regularly to ensure that the information documented is always accurate. The information in an IT security policy should be practical and enforceable in line with compliance requirements.
How can an IT security policy help me outshine the competition?
IT security policies ensure that all information regarding your IT infrastructure is organised in one place, making it more accessible and easier to manage. When client’s approach with difficult procurement questions, requesting proposals that require data security and IT security answers, you will have that information prepared and ready. This will help you to outshine the competition as many businesses won’t have this data so readily available and will, therefore, waste hours of unnecessary time sourcing and understanding the relevant information. An effective fully managed IT Support provider should manage your IT security policy for you, so that you don’t have to.
What are the benefits of an IT security policy?
- Improved efficiency – an IT security policy means that data regarding your IT set-up will be organised and easily accessible, meaning you can provide the relevant security data to clients when necessary.
- Easier to evaluate – many businesses won’t have organised, updated IT security policies, making it more difficult for them to evaluate and implement technological changes and developments.
Effective reporting tools
What are effective reporting tools?
Being able to report on and analyse performance is essential for any successful business, no matter the department or industry. You need to know what is working and what isn’t working, making improvements that will drive business growth and allow you to outshine competitors.
But have you got the right tools and technology for effective reporting? Having multiple reporting platforms and separate spreadsheets can become overwhelming and confusing, meaning valuable data is often overlooked.
To outshine your competitors, you need coherent and user-friendly reporting technology that allows you to choose how much data you receive and ensures that key performance metrics are tracked effectively.
How can effective reporting tools help me to outshine the competition?
Effective reporting technology will give you access to all the data you need clearly and coherently. As such, you’ll be able to analyse and evaluate your performance across departments, identify areas of weakness, and establish solutions to these weaknesses. Being self-critical and working towards continual improvement will set you apart from your competitors who may be less proactive.
What are the benefits of effective reporting tools?
- Data that’s easy to understand – effective reporting technology will provide you with a user-friendly and easy to navigate platform for data.
- Relevant data – effective reporting tools will allow you to select the data that you want to see, meaning you’re not overwhelmed by an abundance of irrelevant information.
- Identifies areas of weakness – you can see areas where performance is dropping and action them accordingly, helping you to build a more successful business.
- Identifies areas of success – data analysis shouldn’t just be about identifying things that have gone wrong, you also need to know your strengths so that they can be built upon and optimised.
Digital transformation – the best way to outshine your competition in 2020
The technologies we’ve discussed represent just five ways that you can outshine your competitors in 2020, but there are so many other options out there, with different technologies best suited to different industries and niches.
Ultimately, the best way to outshine your competition in 2020 is to undergo a planned digital transformation with a proactive and experienced IT Consultancy. Digital transformation simply means a mass implementation of technology to improve operations, automate processes, solve problems and add value to your customers.
To find out more about what digital transformation entails, as well as our number one secret for successful digital transformation, click here.
Additionally, for more information on any of the technologies discussed in this article or on how digital transformation could revolutionise your business, get in touch today or speak to your Business Technology Advisor.
Savvy business are undergoing digital transformation now – don’t get left behind.
Download our eBook now for everything you need to know about digital transformation.