Cloud Computing Services
Reduce cost, increase flexibility
What is Cloud Computing?
With cloud computing services, all of your data and applications are placed on hardware in a data centre, which you connect to with an internet connection. This removes the need for you to have internal data storage equipment and servers. All you need is a device and an internet connection. It makes no difference if you are in the office, at home or connected to a public hot-spot – you can continue working as you move around.
As all the actual computing is done on the server side in a data-centre, so you don’t need to have powerful devices in the office, at home and for travelling in order to use your memory intensive applications at all times.
What are the benefits of moving to the cloud?
- Access your applications and data from anywhere, at any time using any device connected to the internet. Need to work late? You don’t need to stay in the office until 10pm. Connect to the cloud at home and finish it off.
- No need to have servers in-house. Your servers are in the cloud rather than in your office. All you need are PCs, laptops or even just small thin-client devices.
- Make your business more environmentally friendly with less energy consumption from bulky servers and cooling systems. The scale of data centres means they are able to be much more energy efficient through pooling of resources and economies of scale.
- Reduce the need for advanced hardware in-house. Minimal storage and processing power is needed on your devices as all the storage and computing happens in the data centre.
- No need to worry about transferring all of your files if you ever get a new device. They live in the cloud, not on a hard drive.
- Enables employees to move around the office without moving equipment, ‘hotdesking’ and employees can bring their own devices in.
- Secure backup and disaster recovery solution – disasters won’t affect your data. Your office could burn down and everyone could work from home.
- Pay on a cost per user per month basis. No more large up-front investments on servers and powerful PCs for everyone. You won’t need to worry about servicing or upgrading server equipment.
- Cloud computing is scalable to your business – You can grow as your business grows without needing to add new equipment.
- Ever lost a laptop? There’s no need to carry sensitive data around with you anymore. If you lose a device now, there will be no data on it, and you can stop it from accessing the network. Fire up your new device, and carry on…
Some perceive moving to “the cloud” as a potential security risk. They like their own servers to be in a place where they can see and touch them, and know where their data is stored. Some people are uncomfortable with the intangible nature of the cloud, choosing to ignore that utilising data centre infrastructure is actually likely to increase security. Our Cloud FAQs page should alleviate any concerns you may have.
St Brides Partner with Netstar for Powerful Cloud Computing Solution
St Brides Media and Finance had had trouble with their previous cloud computing solution, but remained convinced that with the right partner, a fully cloud based infrastructure would be the perfect solution for their business.
Click on the button on the right to download the case study.
Netstar host St Brides’ entire IT infrastructure in the London data centre, providing them with:
- Powerful on demand computing, making all of their data and applications were available from any location and on any device.
- A fast computing experience, with no slow-down, lag or availability issues that had been present with their previous solution.
- A predictable, regular, monthly IT outlay with no up-front capital expenditure on servers, no maintenance of in house equipment, and increased office space.
“Thanks to Netstar we are experiencing all the benefits of a cloud infrastructure and have seen a dramatic improvement in staff productivity and customer satisfaction”.
Hugo De Salis, CEO, St. Brides Media and Finance.
Related News View all news within this category
Why Cloud Computing is Perfect for Your Small BusinessNovember 15th, 2019
Cloud computing is already an important aspect when it comes to many established companies’ IT set up, but it can…
Category - Cloud ComputingRead More
How to Keep Your Data Protected with an Effective Business Continuity PlanNovember 4th, 2019
In life we never really know what’s around the corner, so ensuring all aspects of your business are fully protected…
Category - Cloud ComputingRead More